Sunday 1 November 2015

Southpaw Film Analysis - Jack

Last week I watched South Paw, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and I loved it. I enjoy movies to do with sports and someone who is trying to achieve a goal in their life, in this film becoming World Champion. Lots of film critics say that the film is very clichéd but I disagree. I disagree because this has a different aura about it as it brings his personal life into it when his wife dies, which really brings out the inner emotions that he is feeling and allows him to strive for his greatness in the boxing world once again. This film also brings about getting revenge on the ones who he blames for his wife's death, and so adds a bitterness to the storyline. My favourite thing about the film was how close we were able to come to the main character and really understand what he is going through.
 The film has some interesting cinematography. During the fight scenes, the director would show the point of view of the protagonist dodging and receiving punches. This puts the viewers in the protagonists shoes, which is very effective. 

Film Rating 7.5/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment