Wednesday 28 October 2015

Spectre Film Analysis - Jack

 Tonight, I watched the latest instalment of the James Bond franchise, Spectre. I just want to say that I was quite disappointed with the film as it wasn't very good. 
 Not many films these days have opening credit sequences. In Bond films it is essential to have an opening credits sequence as it is a long standing tradition. Opening sequences are essential and useful for setting the atmosphere for the film. 
 Spectre's opening sequence was your typical bond; girls, striking visuals, oh and octopuses, lots and lots of octopuses. 
 The film used a lot of effects. Special effects are used in most major blockbusters as it allows the director to show things that couldn't be done in real life. I actually don't really like CGI that much. I don't know if it was just me but the CGI in this film was quite poor, it could've easily be done in real life. I personally like to have a mix of practical and special effects. In movies, no matter how good the CGI is, it'll always feel fake. Practical effects have that sense of realism that CGI will never achieve. 
 In action films, there are usually parallel edits. In this film there a big one in the third act. This increases the amount of tension, because usually the parallel edit would become more quickly edited. 

Film Rating 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment