Monday 26 October 2015

Zodiac film analysis - Kye

 Tonight, I watched David Fincher's Zodiac. This is a crime thriller based on true events. 



 Firstly I have to say this. This film is the most creepy, scary and disturbing thriller I've ever seen. This film is just mad. It's absolutely mad. My heart was literally in my mouth in some scenes. 
 This film is traditional Fincher. The film is dimly lit, has a specific colour, which is yellow in this movie and is very disturbing. The editing in this movie is very very good too. The editing is very fast, and makes a nearly 3 hour film go quite fast. 
 I think this film is very important for my coursework, because in my head the opening scene is going be based on a serial killer killing. The murder scenes in this film are crazy. I literally had my hands covering my eyes in some scenes. I don't exactly know what it is, but its probably because it feels so real, which Fincher is pretty good at portraying. The fact that these killings actually happened, makes this film more chilling than Se7en for example. 
 I also must say, I really like Jake Gyllenhaal as an actor now. He gives such a good performance in this film. This is a bit off topic, but I finally see how he would be a great Hal Jordan/Green Lantern in the upcoming DC superhero films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment