Thursday 22 October 2015

The Spectacular Now Film Analysis - Kye

 Tonight, I watched an indie film called The Spectacular Now starring Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley. I always loved indie films. They're just a breath of fresh air compared to big budget movies in terms of cinematography, editing and soundtrack etc. I thought this film was very realistic compared to other romantic movies. The film is directed by James Ponsoldt, who has a bigger film coming out this year called The End of The Tour. I realise that in The Spectacular Now, Ponsoldt uses a lot of long tracking shots. The camera is also still throughout the film, which is is quite unusual for an indie film. You can tell that the director uses framing proportions throughout the film. The protagonists are usually placed bang in the middle or the left and right of the frame. This gives the film a clean, controlled look. I have an idea for my coursework, which involves a long tracking shot as the main shot in the opening sequence. I should probably study more into the concept and what goes on to do tracking shots. The next film I'm going to watch is probably going to be Limitless, and I know I have a lot of things to analyse about that! I also need to watch Zodiac by David Fincher during the half term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment