Monday 26 October 2015

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button film analysis - Kye

 Continuing with my David Fincher quest, I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. This film is the least Fincher like film of his filmography. You wouldn't expect Fincher to direct this sort of film, but I really wish he did more stuff like this because this film is so good. 
 This film has non linear narrative, which is quite rare in a film nowadays. It alternates between the future and past. I personally think this is very hard to do and write. 
 The thing I love most about this film is the technology. The film uses very complex technology to age and de-age Brad Pitt. You can't tell that CGI is used. And when they de-age him to his 20's it is very impressive. I saw a behind the scenes video and what they did was, they put him in a visual effects house and do the facial expressions, and they render that to make him look older and replace the body double's face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment