Thursday 10 December 2015

Sound Ideas For Opening Sequence - Jack

I have thought of a few different genres of music to potentially use for our thriller opening sequence that could be effective for what we are creating. I think that contrapuntal sound could work quite well for our opening, but also I think a piece of music that fits directly with the mood of the film would be very effective because it is specific to the situation and fits in with the way the opening is being set. 

Contrapuntal Piece
For this piece I was thinking that maybe a jazz rock 50's style of music would fit well as it may flow well with our double exposures through the opening. It is important that the music when contrapuntal, fits in with the flow of the video or pictures when movement is happening so it isn't all out of place and muddled up. The piece of music has to be quite flowing and not jumpy because our double exposure transitions throughout will be very smooth and so it has to go along in the same way. The piece of music I have given above is an example of what may work quite well with a few adjustments to go along smoothly with our opening sequence.

Specific Piece
For our specific piece of music to fit with the mood of the opening sequence, I chose this Take Me to Church instrumental that I found. I really like the flow of this and I think it would fit well if we created our own version of it but along the same chords and rhythms. This piece is quite slow with a small build up in the middle and so will fit in as we potentially build up the intensity through the seriousness in some of the double exposures frames. I think the build up would work well with the showing of our victim with the killer behind as it will create a bit of overwhelming tension. We can of course develop the piece and change the small things throughout the piece to make it our own, specific to our flow within the opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment